Bars In Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires, the vibrant capital city of Argentina, is renowned for its rich cultural heritage, mouth-watering culinary delights, mesmerizing architecture, and an electrifying nightlife. Among the many things that Buenos Aires has to offer, its
Buenos Aires, the vibrant capital city of Argentina, is renowned for its rich cultural heritage, mouth-watering culinary delights, mesmerizing architecture, and an electrifying nightlife. Among the many things that Buenos Aires has to offer, its bar scene stands out owing to its unique atmosphere and the variety of drinks and cocktails served. In this article, we will take a closer look at some of the best bars in Buenos Aires, their history, signature drinks, and what makes them stand out from the rest.
The history of Buenos Aires bars can be traced back to the late 19th century when the city saw an influx of immigrants from Spain, Italy, and other parts of Europe. These immigrants brought with them their drinking culture, which gradually blended in with the local culture and eventually gave birth to the modern-day bar scene in Buenos Aires. Today, Buenos Aires boasts of several types of bars, ranging from traditional corner bars that serve beer and wine to modern cocktail bars that offer an extensive list of signature cocktails.
One of the iconic bars in Buenos Aires is the Gran Bar Danzon, known for its elegant decor, sumptuous food, and a vast selection of wines and cocktails. The bar has an extensive wine cellar with more than 1200 varieties of wines, making it a paradise for wine lovers.
Another popular bar in Buenos Aires is the Florería Atlántico, which has won several awards for its cocktails. The bar is hidden in plain sight behind a flower shop and has a secret entrance that adds to its charm. The bar has an impressive selection of cocktails, including the \’El Viejo,\’ a potent mix of aged rum and spices.
The Victoria Brown bar is another must-visit bar in Buenos Aires. This speakeasy-style bar has a unique decor inspired by the Prohibition era and serves some of the most creative cocktails in the city. The signature drink of the bar, the \’Brown Basil,\’ is a refreshing concoction made with gin, basil, and lemon.
For those looking for a more laid-back vibe, the La Fuerza bar is the place to be. The bar has a rustic decor with vintage furnishings and serves craft beer and cocktails. The highlight of the bar is its outdoor patio, where you can sit back, relax, and enjoy an ice-cold beer.
The bar scene in Buenos Aires has witnessed a surge in popularity in recent years, with several new bars opening up in different parts of the city. The Palermo neighborhood has emerged as a hub for trendy bars and clubs, attracting a young and vibrant crowd. The Las Cañitas neighborhood is another up-and-coming area with several new bars and restaurants opening up in recent years.
The Buenos Aires bar scene offers a unique blend of traditional and modern drinking culture, making it a must-visit destination for tourists. In addition to the bars mentioned above, there are several other bars in the city that offer a unique experience. Whether you are a wine connoisseur, a cocktail enthusiast, or a beer lover, Buenos Aires has something for everyone.
The Best Wine Bars in Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires is famous for its wine culture, and there are several bars in the city that offer a vast selection of wines from all over Argentina. The following are some of the best wine bars in Buenos Aires:
- Gran Bar Danzon: With over 1200 varieties of wines, this bar is a must-visit for wine lovers.
- Anasagasti: This cozy bar has a strong focus on natural, organic, and biodynamic wines and serves delicious tapas.
- Lo de Joaquín Alberdi: Located in the picturesque San Telmo neighborhood, this bar has an extensive selection of Argentinian wines and delicious empanadas.
- Casa Cavia: This elegant bar, located in a 1927 mansion, offers a wide selection of Argentinian wines and has a beautiful outdoor patio.
The Coolest Speakeasy Bars in Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires has several hidden speakeasy bars that offer a unique atmosphere and creative cocktails. The following are some of the coolest speakeasy bars in the city:
- Florería Atlántico: This award-winning bar is hidden behind a flower shop and has a secret entrance.
- Victoria Brown: This Prohibition-era inspired bar has a unique decor and serves some of the most creative cocktails in the city.
- 878: This bar has a laid-back atmosphere, with vintage furnishings and a focus on classic cocktails.
- Uptown–Bar de Copas: This intimate bar is hidden in the basement of an old mansion and serves excellent cocktails.
The Best Rooftop Bars in Buenos Aires
If you want to enjoy stunning views of the city while sipping on a drink, head to one of the many rooftop bars in Buenos Aires. The following are some of the best rooftop bars in the city:
- Alvear Roof Bar: Located on the 11th floor of the Alvear Palace Hotel, this bar offers spectacular views of the city and serves excellent cocktails.
- Ninina Bakery: This trendy rooftop bar is located in the Palermo neighborhood and offers a stunning view of the city skyline.
- Terrazas del Este: This spacious rooftop bar is perfect for a night out with friends and offers a fantastic view of the Buenos Aires Racecourse.
- Hotel Pulitzer Rooftop Bar: Located in the Microcentro neighborhood, this bar offers a stylish atmosphere and a great view of the city.
The Best Craft Beer Bars in Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires has a thriving craft beer scene, and there are several bars in the city that offer a wide selection of craft beers. The following are some of the best craft beer bars in the city:
- Antares: With several locations across the city, this bar offers a wide selection of craft beers and delicious bar snacks.
- La Birrería: This bar has an extensive selection of local and international craft beers and a cozy atmosphere.
- Craft Society: This bar offers an impressive selection of local and international craft beers and delicious burgers.
- Kansas: This brewery has several locations across the city and offers a wide selection of craft beers and delicious bar snacks.
The Best Bars for Live Music in Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires has a rich music culture, and there are several bars in the city that offer live music performances. The following are some of the best bars for live music in Buenos Aires:
- La Trastienda: This legendary bar has hosted several famous musicians and bands over the years and is a must-visit for music lovers.
- La Esquina del Jazz: This cozy bar has a strong focus on jazz music and hosts regular live music performances.
- Thelonious Club: This bar has a unique decor inspired by the jazz legend Thelonious Monk and hosts regular live music performances.
- Notorious: This bar has a strong focus on jazz music and hosts regular live music performances in a beautiful setting.