Best Places To Stay In Walla Walla
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text] Walla Walla is a charming city located in southeastern Washington, known for its rich history, world-class wineries, and exceptional lodging options. Whether you're visiting Walla Walla for work or leisure, finding the perfect place to stay
Walla Walla is a charming city located in southeastern Washington, known for its rich history, world-class wineries, and exceptional lodging options.
Whether you’re visiting Walla Walla for work or leisure, finding the perfect place to stay is crucial. Located in the beautiful wine country of Washington State, Walla Walla is a charming city known for its vibrant downtown, rich history, and world-class wineries. If you’re planning a visit to this delightful destination, you’ll need a comfortable place to stay. To help you make the most of your trip, we’ve compiled a list of the best places to stay in Walla Walla. From luxurious hotels to cozy bed and breakfasts, Walla Walla offers a range of accommodations to suit every traveler’s needs and preferences. In this article, we’ll explore some of the best lodging options in Walla Walla, from chic boutique hotels to cozy bed and breakfasts.
1. Marcus Whitman Hotel and Conference Center
If you’re looking for a luxurious lodging experience in Walla Walla, the Marcus Whitman Hotel and Conference Center is the perfect choice. The Marcus Whitman Hotel and Conference Center is a historic hotel located in downtown Walla Walla. The hotel opened in 1928 and has been a popular destination for presidents, celebrities, and dignitaries. It is known for its elegant rooms, friendly service, and famous dining options.
The Marcus Whitman Hotel features 133 rooms, including luxury suites, offering a comfortable retreat for guests. The hotel also houses the renowned Marc Restaurant, where visitors can enjoy a fine dining experience. The restaurant showcases the artistry of fine dining and offers a rich menu.
Compare Prices on Booking.com ↗ Compare Prices on Tripadvisor.com ↗ Check Best Deals on Agoda.com ↗
2. Cameo Heights Mansion
For a truly unique and luxurious experience, Cameo Heights Mansion is an outstanding option. Situated just outside Walla Walla in Touchet, this boutique bed and breakfast offers exquisite accommodations in a stunning setting. The mansion boasts individually themed suites, each lavishly appointed with luxurious furnishings, private balconies, fireplaces, and whirlpool tubs.
Guests can enjoy a gourmet breakfast each morning, relax by the outdoor pool, or unwind in the hot tub overlooking the picturesque landscape. With its attention to detail and personalized service, Cameo Heights Mansion provides an unforgettable escape.
3. The FINCH
If you prefer a more intimate and boutique experience, The FINCH is a charming bed and breakfast that won’t disappoint. This modern and stylish hotel in downtown Walla Walla features 80 spacious rooms and suites, each with unique artwork and thoughtful amenities like locally-roasted coffee and spa-quality bath products. Guests can also enjoy the hotel’s rooftop bar and lounge, which features stunning views of the city.
Nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood, this Victorian-style inn offers cozy rooms with unique décor and comfortable amenities. Guests can savor a homemade breakfast each morning, unwind in the inviting common areas, or explore the surrounding gardens. The Finch’s friendly hosts provide exceptional hospitality and are always ready to recommend the best local attractions and dining options.
Compare Prices on Booking.com ↗ Compare Prices on Tripadvisor.com ↗ Check Best Deals on Agoda.com ↗
4. Eritage Resort
Located on a sprawling 300-acre landscape adorned with picturesque rolling fields of wheat and vineyards, Eritage Resort stands as the epitome of a dream travel destination. Situated in the heart of Washington wine country, this exquisite resort offers a wealth of luxurious amenities and an unparalleled experience for every guest.
With 22 opulent suites, Eritage Resort ensures that comfort and elegance are at the forefront of your stay. Each suite is meticulously designed to provide a tranquil haven, complete with lavish furnishings and breathtaking views. Step out onto your private patio or deck and behold the panoramic vistas of the majestic Blue Mountains, sprawling farmland, vineyards, or our very own private lake.
Indulge your palate at the resort’s award-winning restaurant, Eritage Restaurant, where the essence of Walla Walla comes alive through an extraordinary culinary journey. At the helm is Executive Chef Arturo Tello, a true Walla Walla native who discovered his passion for food at a tender age, drawing inspiration from his mother’s cooking and the vibrant flavors of his Mexican heritage.
Beyond its lavish accommodations and remarkable dining, Eritage Resort offers an array of enticing features to enhance your stay. Gather with loved ones around the warm glow of indoor and outdoor fireplaces, perfect for intimate conversations and cherished moments. During the warmer months, take a refreshing dip in the seasonal heated saltwater pool, surrounded by the serene beauty of the resort’s surroundings.
Conveniently located mere minutes from downtown Walla Walla and its regional airport, Eritage Resort provides effortless access to the vibrant local wineries and restaurants that dot the area. Whether you’re seeking a romantic getaway, a memorable family vacation, or a serene retreat from the bustle of everyday life, Eritage Resort is ready to welcome you with open arms to a world of unparalleled beauty and hospitality.
5. The Barn B&B Walla Walla
Indulge yourself in the lap of luxury at The Barn Bed and Breakfast in Walla Walla. This exquisite establishment offers seven distinct and opulent suites, each boasting breathtaking views of the majestic Blue Mountains. With a private entrance and a hidden garden, complete with an outdoor hot-water shower, every suite guarantees an exclusive and intimate experience for its guests.
As soon as you step foot inside The Barn B&B, you’ll be greeted with warm hospitality and a world-class culinary journey. To kick-start your stay, a delightful welcome drink awaits you, setting the tone for an unforgettable experience. For those fortunate enough to stay for two nights or more, Monday and Thursday evenings offer a special treat. You’ll be able to partake in complimentary family-style dinners hosted by your gracious hosts. These shared meals foster a sense of community and provide the perfect opportunity to bond with fellow guests over delectable food and engaging conversations.
Fridays are dedicated to Happy Hour, where you can unwind and relax in style. Delight in the ambience of The Barn’s cozy lounge area as you savor a selection of exquisite local wines, carefully curated to please even the most discerning palate. Immerse yourself in the rich flavors and aromas of the region, further enhancing your stay at this remarkable establishment.
With its suites, magnificent views, exceptional cuisine, and a range of exclusive experiences, this remarkable establishment promises unparalleled indulgence and relaxation.
Things to do in Walla Walla
Nestled in the heart of Washington State’s wine country, Walla Walla is a charming and picturesque destination that offers a delightful blend of natural beauty, cultural richness, and world-class wineries. Known for its rolling hills, vibrant downtown, and warm community spirit, this city has become a popular choice for travelers seeking a memorable and relaxing getaway. If you’re planning a visit to Walla Walla, here are some of the top things to do that will help you make the most of your time in this hidden gem of the Pacific Northwest.
- Wine Tasting: Walla Walla boasts more than 100 wineries, making it a haven for wine enthusiasts. Spend a day exploring the award-winning vineyards and indulging in tastings of exquisite wines. The region is particularly renowned for its reds, including Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Syrah. Plan a visit to renowned wineries such as Leonetti Cellar, L’Ecole No 41, and Dunham Cellars, where you can learn about the winemaking process and sample exceptional vintages.
- Wander through Downtown: Take a leisurely stroll through Walla Walla’s historic downtown area, which exudes small-town charm and offers an array of boutique shops, art galleries, and delicious eateries. Main Street is lined with beautifully restored 19th-century buildings that house unique stores and local businesses. Don’t miss the opportunity to explore Whitman College campus, known for its stunning architecture and lovely green spaces.
- Visit Whitman Mission National Historic Site: Step back in time and discover the rich history of Walla Walla at the Whitman Mission National Historic Site. This significant landmark commemorates the Whitman Massacre of 1847 and provides a fascinating glimpse into the lives of early settlers in the region. Explore the museum exhibits, walk the grounds, and learn about the interactions between Native Americans and pioneers.
- Discover Art and Culture: Walla Walla has a thriving arts scene, with numerous galleries and cultural institutions showcasing local and regional talent. Visit the Walla Walla Foundry, one of the leading sculpture foundries in the United States, where you can witness the creation of stunning artworks. The Gesa Power House Theatre hosts a variety of performances, including live theater, music concerts, and film screenings, providing an excellent opportunity to immerse yourself in the local arts and culture scene.
- Outdoor Exploration: Surrounded by picturesque landscapes, Walla Walla offers ample opportunities for outdoor adventures. Visit Fort Walla Walla Park, a beautiful 46-acre park that features walking trails, picnic areas, and a pioneer village. You can also explore the scenic wonders of the Palouse Falls State Park, where you’ll be mesmerized by the breathtaking waterfall and stunning canyon views.
- Culinary Delights: Indulge your taste buds in Walla Walla’s vibrant culinary scene. The city is home to a range of excellent restaurants, farm-to-table eateries, and charming cafes. Experience farm-fresh flavors at local establishments like Whitehouse-Crawford and Saffron Mediterranean Kitchen. Don’t forget to sample the delectable sweet treats at Colville Street Patisserie and Bright’s Candies, a Walla Walla institution since 1934. One of the most popular attractions in Walla Walla is the annual Walla Walla Sweet Onion Festival. This family-friendly event, which takes place each July, celebrates the region’s famous sweet onions with live music, food vendors, and other activities. It’s a great way to experience the local culture and enjoy delicious food and entertainment.
Overall, Walla Walla is a must-visit destination for anyone looking for an authentic Pacific Northwest experience. With its exceptional lodging options, rich history, and stunning natural beauty, it’s no wonder that this city has become one of the top tourist destinations in the region. Whether you’re visiting for a weekend or an extended stay, Walla Walla will leave a lasting impression.
When planning your visit to Walla Walla, consider these top accommodations for a memorable and enjoyable stay. Whether you’re seeking luxury, charm, or modern conveniences, these options cater to various preferences and ensure a delightful experience in this captivating wine-country destination.
*Please note that some links are set up through affiliate programs, meaning Wine travel gets referral credits if you purchase these items via our links.